Basic questions for revising, adapting and developing modules
Smart and Keen Factory – My Trolley Chip
The module SMART AND KEEN FACTORY will enable teachers and students to create an intelligent factory, where trolley chips can be produced on demands of the customers.
This module is characterized by the fact that a trolley chip assembly machine is envisioned to be constructed, manufactured, built, programmed and used by students of interdisciplinary training courses themselves. This distinguishes it from the work with 4.0 training stations which are on the market available.
Basic knowledge in ICT software designing, mechanics and electronics. Work with an 3D-Printer and with pneumatic and electrical components.
Teachers, Instructors and Students working on a vocational college or training center in the field of mechatronics and electronics.
Students will be able to:
- read mechanical drawings
- assemble basic mechanical skills
- read electrical and termination drawings
- have basic wiring skills
- maintain hardware Projection
- manage PLC fieldbus connection
- read EN60848 Grafcet
code in FUP,LADDER oder AWL,SCL
Internet of Things – Plant Irrigation
Intelligent real time plant irrigation controlled by web or mobile (manually or automatically)
Subdivided in 5 integrated submodules:
- Linux operating system and sensors data exchange
- Real time Database
- Hybrid Application
Depending of each submodule basic knowledge of:
- Linux operating system and programming
- Mobile and web development
In each submodule there is a guide to start learning the basics of each.
Vocational Education and Training students and teachers of:
- Technician in Telecommunications Installations
- Technician in Microcomputer Systems and Networks
- Higher Technician in Development of Web Applications
- Higher Technician in Multi-platform Applications Development
Electronics, Sensors data and interaction, Microcontrollers, Connections, Raspberry Pi, Python, E-Cloud, Internet Of Things, Real time database, Mobile and web app development , Angular, Ionic, CharJs
Intelligent House 4.0 – Smart Light Control
This module develops and increases competences of using the technology of smart home systems.
In a first step, an overview and an introduction into the topic of smart home will take place.
In a second step by using the “smart wall” teachers and trainers are able to use existing and to create new learning situations with smart home systems, beginning with simple tasks up to complex control settings.
Existing learning situation using the “smart wall” are:
- Light control by installation and configuration of a smart home plug and a two-way 230V circuit with smart home switches.
- Integration of Phillips Hue Bulbs
In a third step the module can be extended by the following topics or submodules:
- Security (e.g. intrusion alarm combined with video control)
- Energy efficiency (e.g. heating control combined with window monitoring)
- Comfort (shutter control by different scenarios, integration of voice control)
- Basics with installing and configuration of different apps for controlling the smart devices as well as for documentation and evaluation of the tasks of the students.
- Basics of using FAQs and the online information of the manufacturers.
- Basics of electric circuits.
- Basics of network communication (e.g. communication between smart home controller, smart home devices, mobile devices and the cloud of e.g. Bosch or Phillips)
Only for using components with 230V power supply like switches:
- Basics of function and wiring of electrical house installation.
- Danger of 230V power supply
- First aid in case of an electrical accident
- The security roles when you will work with 230V power supply
Teachers and trainers for:
- Electronics technicians in industry and handcraft like:
- Electronics technician – specialising in energy and building technology
- Electronics technician for industrial engineering
- Information technology and telecommunications system electronic technician (m/f)
as well as
- Other technicians in the professional field of building service engineering, e.g.
- Plant mechanic for sanitary, heating and air conditioning systems
See the following documents:
- 2018_09_17_Smart-Light-Control-Structure Teachers Modules
- 2018-09-04_Smart-light-control-Competences_Teacher_Vet 4.0 revised
Digital Factory for Individualized Mass Products
Due to digitalization it is possible to produce common mass products considering individual demands. In this module you will learn how to set up and operate a digital production chain for simple, customizable, die-cast plastic objects. This module is Subdivided in 5 integrated submodules:
- Product development
- Data Processing
- Rapid Protoptyping
- CAD & CAM systems
- Basic knowledge handling of windows
- Experience with technical documentations (drawings, work-plans etc.)
- Knowledge and skills dealing with manufacturing processes like bring, milling etc.
- Handling of metal-cutting machines
- Basic knowledge of handling raw materials, tooling equipment and tensioning mean.
Which target group is the module addressing?
Target groups are all trainees who are working in developing and producing industrial goods in the occupation areas of Mechanical Engineering and Plastics Engineering:
- Industrial Mechanic
- Machine and plant operator
- Milling machine operator
- Technical product designer specialising in machinery and plant construction
- Tools mechanic
- Precision machinist
In this module you will learn how to set up and operate a digital production chain for simple, customizable, die-cast plastic objects. You learn to understand the digital processes by assembling an individualized mass-product. You are able to assemble an individualized product on basis of a mass-produced article. You are able to control the production by cloud-computing application.