IO 3: Training Modules for Teachers
Based on the compteneces profile and linked to the training modules for VET students, four training modules with regard to the challenges of the working world 4.0 for VET teachers and in-company trainers shall be developed. Neither most of VET teachers nor trainers especially in SMEs are aware of the changes caused by total digitalization and interconnectedness. Moreover, in many VET colleges - at least in Germany - the ordinary facilities are far from the requirements of a future-oriented working world. Awareness raising of training staff thus is a first important challenge. IT and media competence, project and process management and working in an international team are further tasks for the teachers and trainers. The general demands for the teachers' modules are closely connected to the students' ones, the detailed new competences can only be described after the initial analysis of the competences profile.
Concrete modules could be:
a) A scenario of a complete value creation chain of a consumer good or an industrial good in a totally interconnected world including all risks and critical points could be a module to arise awareness of the challenges, b) How to develop new modules and how to professionally guide the students who are working on the modules could be another one. Therefore, VET staff need different skills than for normal training and aspects like OER management and a meta-level of teaching and training are included, c) Moreover, innovative assessment procedures will have to be developed which are suitable to innovative learning methods and paths. Blended learning requires new evluation and assessment tools and examples from the students' modules can provide a first access, d) According to the results of the competences profile, another module which sensitizes for the social implications of the working world 4.0 should be developed.
The concrete tasks and the processing are similar to the ones for the development of the students' training modules. But whereas the modules for VET students focus more on concrete, exemplary modules for tasks in a digitized working world, the ones for the teaching and training staff focus more on a meta-level with a didactical perspective. Mentoring VET students for the work with OER, cooperating internationally on e-learning platforms and being able to decide on the right mix for blended learning between e-learning and classroom learning are new tasks, applying suitable assessment methods, too. Like in the training modules for students, the concrete design of the modules also depends on the new competences to be acquired and content and method shall complement one another.
Also for teachers and trainers assessments or evaluation tools will have to be developed as well as certificates which certify advanced competences for a digitized working world.
- Choice of important competences necessary for the working world 4.0 of the competences profile with special regard to developed modules for students.
- Constituting working groups which work out the modules in detail, i.e. concrete assignment of tasks, choice of adequate methods, preparation of the input material.
- Developing the modules in different working groups with members of different countries on a virtual platform. This conctretization will be done in close connection with companies, following companies are ready to support the project: RWE Power AG, Kautex Textron GmbH.
- The drafts of the modules will be discussed in an advisory board or in country-specific advisory boards (to be decided within the consortium) with experts and stakeholders, e.g. members of chambers, trade unions, examination boards.
- Testing the modules with teaching and training staff.
- Evaluating and revising the modules.
- Publishing the modules.