IO 2: Students Modules
The training modules for VET students are supposed to be components for successfully coping with the challenges of the working world 4.0. They shall be exemplary for different competences. Moreover, they shall be transferable into several sectors and cover the needs of all involved partner countries. At the same time they will have to be concretized in a way that they are to be used in VET contexts from different students in different countries. The modules will use Open Source, public domain (OER - open education resources) platforms and further development will be possible. A broad external use is intended. The concrete content is connected to the results of the competences analysis.
The modules for VET students in the fields of mechatronics, electronics and plastics technology have been developed in different working groups with European expert teachers. They are different in volume, focus and size and want to be examples for future-oriented learning in the working world 4.0.
The modules cover these topics:
- Development of Internet of Things Devices and Realization of Communication
- Intelligent House with Submodules Installation and Configuration of Smart Light Control, Installation and Configuration of Solar Energy and Storage, Connecting Door and Window with Heating and Cooling Thermostat and Home Security
- Smart and Keen Company - My Trolley Chip
- Digital Factory for Individualized Mass Products
All modules can be used as OER and it is possible to combine classroom and workplace learning with online learning. Due to the limited resources within the project, they can be implemented without expensive equipment and infrastructure as it is available in good equipped 4.0 Factories. So they offer the possibility to become familiar with elements of 4.0 learning also for those students who do not have a privileged access to 4.0 factories.
Testing & Evaluation
A feedback/evaluation of the users is requested as support for further development. Together with the project partners it will have to be decided in which way these training modules are to be assessed and how they can be certified. Data protection as well as safety and risk analysis of possible products have to be considered. Assessment instruments will have to be developed as basis for certification. A certification is necessary in order to have the modules Europe-wide usable and recognized. A certificate about special competences with regard to the digitized working world will be an added value for the trainees. New ways of assessment for new ways of learning will be necessary, thus multidimensional assessments and sample solutions will be offered. If possible, the newly developed competences will be added to existing competence matrices so that they can be used in Europe-wide mobilities using the THEME database (www.theme-eu.net)
- Choice of important competences necessary for the working world 4.0 according to the required competence profile.
- Constituting working groups which work out the modules in detail, i.e. concrete assignment of tasks, choice of adequate methods, preparation of the input materials, etc.
- Developing the modules in different working groups with members of different countries
- The drafts of the modules will be discussed in country-specific advisory boards with experts and stakeholders, e.g. members of chambers, trade unions, examination boards, etc.
- Testing the modules with students.
- Evaluating and revising the modules.
- Publishing the modules.